Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May- a month for quilting

From top to bottom- 1. First quilt 2. Zig Zag quilt 3. Millefiori quilt 4. Stripe pieced top







Every May, I get the urge to make as much as possible. I think it has something to do with the Academic calendar. I finish school and get crafty. I made my first quilt in 2005. I followed the directions I found online. I also decided to hand-quilt it as well. However, hand-quilting is slow and not as visual impactful for the effort. In 2006, I made 2 quilts- one for my godson and the zig zag quilt. In 2007, I got very ambitious and decided to make a queen size quilt. Looking over my collection of vintage fabric, I focused on the florals. The title of my quilt is Millefiori ( a milllion flowers in my pathetic Italian). I loved the overall unity of the fabric choices. So this year, I keep the theme tight- Stripes. This was a quick quilt- big blocks, simple designs. I just need to find a quilt shop to get it machine quilted. No more needle and thread for me!

No comments: