Monday, October 26, 2009

Mobile Mobile


I was in Mobile last weekend for the SECAC conference. We had a great time. I chaired a panel with Katherine Fields- "I love you now leave- Desire and Repulsion in the Visual Arts". I handled the concept side and Katherine talked about Materials. Here are some photos from the trip.


Sheri and Tom Lee's Show at Spring Hill College. What a great space!

Another view of Sheri's artist talk at the Eicholdt Gallery.

Here is a view of my piece, "Flamin' Painting" at the Art in Academia show at Space 301 in Mobile. Again, I love this exhibition space- it is huge. Below are some of the strong pieces that I saw.
Barb Bondy, Opelika, AL
Gallery view
detail of Clive King's piece. It won first prize.

Aurora Pope's painting- she is an old friend from Greeneville, TN. She just graduated from ETSU.


Misty Bennett, Montevallo, AL- I think really contemporary watercolor is very interesting.

Julia Morrisroe, Gainesville, FL

Well, I am back in Oxford. Here is a view of the drawing room last Tuesday. I have 1400 drawings to grade for my Drawing 2 students. I need to remember that I have grade what I assign.

No comments: