Saturday, January 30, 2010

Let's Talk About Love, Baby!

My friend, Chido Johnson, invited me to participate in a group show, "Let's Talk About Love, Baby".

Here are the details (in case you are in the Detroit area)
EXHIBITION: The Art of the Artist’s Book DATES: January 8 –April 4, 2010 LOCATION: Oakland University Art Gallery, Department of Art and Art History, College of Arts and Sciences, 208 Wilson Hall, 2200 North Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309-4401, (248) 370-3005, oakland.edu/ouag OTHER PROJECTS BY OTHER ARTISTS: Lynne Avadenka, Matthew Barney, IAIN BAXTER& ,Christian Boltanski, Susan Goethel Campbell, Sir Anthony Caro, Vija Celmins, Ed Fraga, Jane Hammond, Dennis Michael Jones, R. B. Kitaj, David Lambert, Ronald Allen Leax, Donald Lipski, Kathleen McShane, Eric Mesko, Sabrina Nelson, Matthew Shlian, Kiki Smith, Michael E. Smith, Jill Sylvia, Stella Waitzkin, Kara Walker, Peter Williams (WOW- this is a great list)
Here is a video from the exhibition.

This is my starting point. I found this at the DAV in memphis.
My cover...

The back
I read the book (it took about 45 minutes from start to finish). I used images of cakes and pies that pop out of the book and obscure the "interesting" parts.


Here is some press from the show...

oakland post
detroit news

No comments: