Monday, March 22, 2010

Si Es Plau

I just got back from Barcelona! HB and I had a great time. I think I will do several posts... I will start with the iconic architect Gaudi.
park guell
La Sagrada Familia
detail from the Nativity Facade elevator
detail of the staircase in the Sagrada Famila... spiral... shell... nature's geometry
the roof of Casa Mila



Casa Batillo

We have several hundred photos of Gaudi. I just tried to edit...

Gaudi is hugely inspirational. I have owned a book called "Barcelona Tiles" for several years. I picked up after I saw a show about moderisme and Barcelona at the Met. I have incorporated some of the tiles into backgrounds of my paintings and prints. I love Gaudi's organic shapes, patterns, colors, and ambition.

stay tuned--- food and wine is next

No comments: