Sunday, March 27, 2011

La Dolce Vita

 On this gray day, I thought I would tell you about the best or most colorful meal we had in Mexico City. We went to Dolce Patria in the Polanco neighborhood. I ordered the house margarita and I was in love... hot pink, gold rim, and flowers! I took 15 pictures before I started drinking. I felt kind of goofy taking a ton of pictures of our food until I saw the table next to us doing the same.
 Here is the appetizer. It was some kind of taco.
 Here is my fish dish- it was yummy. I didn't eat the giant crablike dried chile, but I appreciated the aesthetic quality it added.
 Here is Vanessa and Greg's dessert, Tres Leches Cake with ice cream. I order a dessert too, but mine was not as photogenic.
La Dolce Patria, 12" x 16"
I made a little painting from my photos. I am going to have some large prints made to see if they would work for a large painting. I love the over-the-top color, femininity (Martha Ortiz is the chef), and deliciousness of Dulce Patria.

No comments: