Thursday, April 21, 2011

Awww hail

 Last night, it was dark and stormy. I finally found out what ping pong size hail looks like. Luckily, it didn't last long and our cars were under the carport.

 I headed up to Memphis today. I went to the art store, thrift store, and David Lusk Gallery. DLG was one of the first galleries that I went to in college. I love the space!


I need to go to there.
DLG is showing Jared Small's work. I loved the "Lou's" painting. It was painted on mylar. I want to play with some of that this summer. I really liked the effect- hazy but tight.
 The painting above is the strongest. I didn't write down the title. It sparkled from across the room. I really like how he manipulated light and color. It was subtle but very smart. His elegant decaying buildings are the most compelling of the show.

No comments: