Tuesday, July 15, 2008

VSC studio update

Studio view
I have a couple of new things to share. First of all, I finished "Mint Loulep." I really pushed to finish it because I had a studio visit with Sarah Walker. She is a painter who is based in Brooklyn who makes these big, trippy abstract paintings. She is a self-described "maximalist." Needless to say, we share a similar aesthetic. The studio visit went well and I am excited to make more work! Tomorrow night, I will give a short slide lecture to the other residents.

small painting- 9"x 12". I really just wanted to paint the floral.
newest painting- Peaches and Ice Cream... I need a new title for this one as well because I have already used Peaches 'N Cream. This one is small 16" x 20"
"Mint Loulep" acrylic on canvas 24" x 36"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your work. i wish I had known you when I was in Oxford. I would love to see more of your work when I return for a visit next.

Lou said...

Thanks! When were you in Oxford?