Wednesday, August 11, 2010

LES galleries



I headed down to the Lower East Side today to check out some galleries. There are some cool spaces that have left Chelsea for this funkier neighborhood. Here are some of highlights...


Land Use Survey at Jen Bekman. I really like the Matthew Moore piece about farming, subdivisions, and sprawl.


Brion Nuda Rosch at DCKT. So simple, so funny. I really loved the space (I would love to show here)


Hilary Harnischfeger at Eleven Rivington

I think this Robert Beck's piece at Lehmann Maupin. It is part of the Lush Life show curated by Franklin Evans and Omar Lopez-Chahoud



I finished off my day with some Pinkberry. It was hot. I would love to come back to the LES galleries. Many of them were closed because it is summer. However, they seemed younger than Chelsea.

I am back in Mississippi tomorrow! Au revoir!

No comments: