Saturday, July 16, 2011

Caramoor Paramour

Yesterday was quite the adventure. I worked in the studio and attended a lecture about art and neuroscience by Suzanne Anker. In the afternoon, I got a text from some ole Oxford friends inviting me to join them at the William Tell opera in Kaltonah, NY at Caramoor. It sounded like an adventure and I had not left the city so off I went. Here are some pictures of the Caramoor grounds.

We attended a lecture before the opera in a beautiful Italianate courtyard. Marc is writing a book about William Tell as a symbol of rebellion. The performance of this opera is a historical clue as to the feelings of the people towards their ruler.
The opera was performed outside in a beautiful tent (sorry for the bad picture). It was an amazing experience- all four hours of singing.

No comments: