Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Studio envy

On Saturday, we took a trip out to the Hamptons to look at artist studios. It was pretty amazing out there.
Steve Miller's studio
Clifford Ross's giant landscape photography. Above is the detail from the digital print below.

Sign in book at the Drawing Room. I love Cindy!
Dorthea Rockburne
Eric Freeman and his paintings
These paintings are a mash-up between Dan Flavin and Ellsworth Kelly. The paintings seem to glow!
I also like the steel boxes that he used as an easel.
Lucy Winton's work is narrative and romantic.
Here is the view out her door.
Another Lucy Winton piece.

Toni Ross had an amazing studio. Unfortunately my camera was dying... She is a ceramic sculptor. This is her showroom or gallery space.

The last studio was Hans Van der Boverkamp. He is a large scale sculptor. The grounds were unreal!


We ended the trip at the Dan Flavin Institute run by the Dia Foundation. I had to find a photo online- however the installation was outstanding. I am not a huge fan of minimalism but I love color and light. The work is so much stronger in person than in reproduction.

No comments: